Director of Children and Family Ministry
Trinity Church exists to follow Jesus in mission by partnering with the Holy Spirit to connect people to God, to each other, and to God’s redemptive work in the world.
The Director of Children and Family Ministry will help facilitate, in partnership with Christ’s body, the spiritual formation of children and families. This person will walk alongside our children and their families and help them grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ and love for their neighbor. He/she will create a safe and nurturing environment for kids from nursery through 5th grade as they explore stories of the faith using age-appropriate materials.
QUALIFICATIONS / CHARACTERISTICS
- Demonstrates a vibrant, living, and deep personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Evidences spiritual and emotional maturity through faithful participation in corporate worship at Trinity Church and by regularly practicing spiritual disciplines.
- Has a heart for children (and their diversity) as well as an understanding of the cultural challenges that are facing families today.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of how all generations can learn from each other, enjoy one another, and walk alongside each other in times of celebration and grief.
- Strong communication skills, relational ability, organizational strength, teaching experience, and ability to recruit and train volunteers.
- Prior experience in children’s ministry preferred.
RELATIONSHIPS AND ACCOUNTABILITY
- Works in close cooperation with other staff under the leadership of the Lead Pastor, and is accountable to the Leadership Team through the Human Resource Team.
- Collaborates regularly with other staff members engaged directly in discipleship (spiritual formation).
- Supervises the Nursery Coordinator on the OC campus and the part-time Director of Children and Family Ministry on the Hospers campus.
- Receives annual appraisal form the Lead Pastor and Human Resource Team.
1. Facilitate the spiritual growth of 4 year olds through 5th grade students.
- Model what it means to be a Christ-follower through actions and speech.
- Become familiar with resources and tools available for children in the area of Christian Education while focusing on Sunday School, mid-week programming, and Vacation Bible School.
- Recruit, screen, equip, and empower volunteers to work within Children Ministries. Help coordinate special event programming like Christmas program, Advent/Lent Activities, Palm Sunday worship, and other special events.
2. Work with the Nursery Coordinator and other staff to effectively integrate the mission of Trinity Church.
- Develop and oversee the leadership of all Children’s Ministry programs.
- Develop a clear, organized and timely method of communication with children’s families, volunteers, and with the leadership and the greater congregation of Trinity.
- Create a safe and courageous environment where every child feels “seen” and “loved” and they can grow in their love for God, others and self. Embrace the uniqueness of each child and celebrate our diversity in Christ.
- Facilitate ways to partner with parents/care-givers so that church and home work together to pass on the faith and help the child grow spiritually.
- Other duties as assigned or needed as they relate to Children and Family Ministries or the mission of the Trinity.
- Is expected to take advantage of professional development in ministry.
- Plans personal renewal days throughout the year.
- This position allows for up to three weeks of vacation to be worked out in conjunction with church and staff schedules.
SALARY AND COMPENSATION
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- This is a full time, salaried position and is expected to entail 40 hours per week.